Saturday, May 19, 2007

Jack's Birth!!





After a long 9 months and 1 week Jackson Scott Taylor was born on March 29th at 5:07 in the morning. He weighed 7 lb. 7 oz. and was 19 inches long. I ended up going into labor a week after his due date and endured about 4 hours of contractions before getting an epidural. The epidural was great at taking the pain of the contractions away but pushing my sweet baby out was pretty painful. I only pushed for 40 minutes (I know it sounds like a lot but I guess it's fast for a first time mom) and my entire labor process lasted 7 hours. My beautiful baby came out healthy and strong and we could instantly tell that he had my lips! (It is still a debate on who he really looks like) I still cannot believe I have given birth and I have already told Landon that I can't wait to have another one!! (He then reminded me that that is not what I said right after giving birth!) Here are some pictures of Jackson right after he was born.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Dear Kelsi, Landon, and Jack,

I love your blog! What a darling, beautiful, and amazing family you have! Kelsi, I am so very happy for you and YOUR WONDERFUL LIFE. I felt so proud of you when I read over your blog. You have made great decisions all of your life! And you are now reaping the rewards!

Thank you so much for supporting my Race for the Cure. I'll never forget that you had little Jack there at one month old! Wow, he may be the youngest person to ever enter the Race for the Cure! He's off to a great start! Kiss your wonderful baby and husband for me!

Love,
Aunt Shannon

The Phipps: said...

Landon and Kelsi,

I love the blog; my brother got us to make one but we haven't finished it yet. Now that the little one is here we will have to giddyup.

It's so great to be a dad so far. It will be nice when we can take her with us, you guys are great and little Jackson is absolutely adorable. I can't wait to see him.

David and Janelle Phipps