Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Miles is Two!

Our sweet Miles turned two today!  We celebrated his birthday at one of his favorite places the Alpine splash park. We had pizza and cake and just let him play around the park.  I think he had a fun time! He got a new wiggle bike, a bunch of Thomas the Train stuff and fun new cars. 

Miles is such a bright spot in our family. We are constantly laughing at all the funny things he does.  He can usually be found with one of Owen's onesies or one of the older kids underwear in his hands spinning it in circles (so weird...). One of our favorite things he does is say prayers. He folds his arms, mumbles a few words then whispers "amen" and then throws his arms up in the air and screams yay!  It's pretty cute! He loves his blanky and to be wrapped up and "cozy" in it. He loves music and to sing and dance.  He knows most of the words to the Frozen songs and a few primary songs and I love to catch him singing. He LOVES the alphabet and numbers and knows every single letter (upper and lower case) and all the sounds...I am ready to start teaching him how to read!  He is starting to say more and more words but most of the time we have no idea what he is saying which is frustrating to him and us!   He is pretty picky and doesn't eat a lot but he would eat avocado after avocado if we let him.  He is obsessed with avocados which I guess is a good thing! We took away his bottle a few months ago and it was a life changer!  He started sleeping through the night, taking long naps, and waking up semi happier then he usually had.  He also started eating more because he wasn't filling up on milk.  It was a good decision! He is the sweetest big brother.  He LOVES Owen and is so gentle and kind with him.  He loves to give him kisses and snuggle in bed with him.   He is a serious mama's boy and I love it!  He would rather be in my arms then anywhere. Holy cow, I could go on and on!  He is such a joy and his smile brightens up my day!



























No comments: