Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Steel Days Carnival


I had big plans to get involved with Steel Days this year...well, it didn't quit happen the way I had imagined. I forgot about the kids parade, and free swim.  Landon was gone during the movie in the park and I wasn't about to take all three by myself. 

We did manage to get in a few rides at the carnival and I think it was perfect albeit hot... the kids loved the giant slide and the jeep ride.  Luckily Mary Alice came to watch Miles so I could just enjoy watching the older two ride the rides.


I was determined to go to the grande parade on Saturday and when I learned that Landon was going to be out of town, I was still determined to take the kids by myself.  I set our chairs out the night before in a really good spot in the shade and I was excited to get up bright and early the next day to get everyone ready.  We got donuts for breakfast and headed to the parade. The parking was horrible and we had to park super far away but we made it.  Things started to get really bad though as soon as the parade started.  What was I thinking taking my sound sensitive kids to a parade...sirens, motorcycles, and super loud pops all in the first five minutes of the parade...All three kids were crying super loud so I decided to pack up and head home. Not smart, not fun and parades are over rated!






No comments: